Pharma-Cruiting is seeking a dynamic and energetic Director of Program Operations for our Pharmaceutical Meeting Planning client in Tucson.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing Project Managers to ensure that all Meetings/Programs are completed and delivered to corporate standards. The Director of Program Operations will be the key liaison with the customer.
The successful candidate will have a unique skill set and come from a hotel background with sales and management experience. Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and be able to multi-task. Most importantly is strong leadership skills. Pharmaceutical experience would be a plus but not as important as the elements of pharmaceutical meeting planning can be taught. Strong communication skills both written and oral is imperative.
o Executing Weekly Morning Meetings with all project teams
o Ensure all conference call agendas are sent and re-cap notes delivered in a timely fashion
o Approve Project Timelines
o Approve Meeting Master Agendas
o Approve all web-registration sites
o Approve all Print collateral for all Programs
o Approve all vendor contracts
o Ensure profitability on all Programs
o Travel on-site with Programs as required
o Ensure that all Programs are managed within the budget
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Attend Internal Sales Turnover Meeting – ensure that Project Manager assigned attends with specific questions about the project after reviewing the Internal RFP sent from Sales Department. Review specific budget requirements to ensure that Sourcing is accurately budgeting the Project.
2. Attend Operations Turnover Call with the customer – Ensure Project Manager asks all appropriate questions as reviewed and determined in the Internal Sales Turnover call. Also ensure the following:
• The Operations Team is Introduced
• A weekly conference call is established
• The Project Manager creates the Project Timeline
3. Meet weekly with each Project Team and attend weekly customer conference calls to:
• Review Project Timeline and ensure that next steps on the project are defined
• Ensure Project is moving forward in the event the Project Manager is on the road with another project
• Review costs to budget
• Review Registration numbers
• Review Meeting Master Agenda to ensure accuracy
• Review questions that have come up over the course of the week to discuss with the customer (ensure teams are touching base with the customer as appropriate)
4. Attend all Post Conference meetings with the teams and external customers
• Ensure that all teams receive all feedback for updating best practices
• Ensure that future project teams are aware of pertinent feedback
5. Ensure that all billing is reconciled and turned over to accounting
6. Review and comment on all final profit and loss on all projects
7. Complete all Annual Reviews with Project Managers
• 5 years experience within the hospitality and/or meeting planning industry preferred.
• 5 years of management experience.
• 4 year Bachelor Degree preferred.
• Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Travel - 6-10 trips per year on average.
Relocation: Full Package to be negotiated. Must live in Tucson.
To apply: please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com